Super Hero Kettlebell Workout
I recently asked all members of our SOS Executive Personal Training Facebook page what they would like to see me write my next few blog posts on. A large proportion of you are after exercise routines for both at home or the gym. This workout is one that can be done at the gym or at home. All that is required is a set of Kettlebells.If your considering buying some training kit for home, don't waste all your hard earned cash on bull shit cardio machines.
Why pay 12 installments of £199 when you can run outside. It really is a waste of money. Plus running on a treadmill is not only more boring, but its not as good for you as running outside either. The same goes for X Trainers and home based gym bikes. Buying a solid set of competition Kettlebells is a far better purchase and the exercises and routines you can do with them is literally endless!! It will also burn more calories, build more strength and raise your metabolic rate to a higher rate and keep it there for longer than traditional monotonous cardio.
This Workout is a Super Hero based session used to get the Chris Hemsworth into shape for the 2011 film 'Thor'.
Warm up: 5 mins
Repeat below x 4
10 Press Ups - 10 Squats - 10 Walking Lunges
TABATA (20 seconds on/10 seconds off)
- Double Kettlebell Squat (Male: 2 x 24 kg Bells, Female: 2 x 16 kg Bells)
- Snatch (Male: 24 kg Bell,Female: 16 kg Bell)
- Kettlebell Swings (30 sec two hand swings, 30 sec right hand only swings, 30 sec left hand only, swings, 30 sec alternating arm swings)
- Clean (5 right, 5 left, 4 right, 4 left, 3 right, 3 left, 2 right, 2 left, 1 right, 1 left. Then back up to 5 each side for a total of 60 reps no rest)
- Turkish Get Up (5 minutes continuous)
- Windmill (5 each side x 3 sets with 30 seconds rest between sets)
With some mobility and stretches
Kettlebells provide a Strength and Cardio Workout simultaneously