A Healthier Christmas Treat
With it being December 1st tomorrow that may signal the start of Christmas the indulgence for some people (even though it's still 25 day's away) and the abandonment of healthy eating.
Well there is no need to be a grinch and not enjoy a treat, but instead of the typical mince pies etc that will likely be found throughout offices and workplaces, why not give these healthier truffles a try.
- 40g 70% Dark chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 500ml Coconut milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened shredded coconut or cocoa powder for dusting
1. Combine the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl and set aside.
2. Heat the coconut milk in a pan until simmering.
3. Pour the coconut milk over the dark chocolate and stir until melted and well combined.
4. Add the vanilla extract and stir through.
5. Place the mixture into a bowl and chill in the fridge until it's solid.
6. Using a spoon scoop out a small amount and roll into truffle size balls and then roll in either the coconut or cocoa powder to coat them.
Try not to eat them all at once!